Thursday, March 15, 2012

Double Whammy

HAPPY PI DAY EVERYONE!!!!!
I LOVE pi day, don't you? sigh all the pie, and contests for t-shirts, and knowing the most digits. The pie i had was delicious, and i feel very confident about the number contest. 180 digits! :D [crazy right?] If by any chance you haven't noticed the fact that I'm a bit of a nerd, whether it be for music or math... today will be your chance to see it.

For a majority of you, spring break will be Monday-Friday of next week. I know you're all excited, but who isn't?
Being a musician can be a pain in the butt sometimes.... actually my left hand but it pays off sometimes and tomorrow is one of those times.
Music is a major part of our lives, but mine especially. I've never been one of those sports loving people and I've ALWAYS found myself in the fine arts department. First came piano, then came choir, then violin, the venezuelan cuatro, ukulele, and most recently guitar (and the ocarina) , but that's besides the point. What I love about music is the joy it brings to the life around me no matter who it is. It brings me out of slumps, gives me motivation, and friendships I never would have made without it. Tomorrow I'm starting my spring break two days early because the Band and Orchestra program at my school is taking a trip to Branson, Missouri. My group in particular will be the opening act for a magician, but other groups will open for the dixie stampede dinner show, and some other things I don't recall at the moment. If, by chance, you're going to any shows over the next 3-4 days make sure to get there 30 minutes early if you would like to see us perform as well.

Now for some business talk. Due to this trip I will most likely NOT be able to post this Friday because I don't know if I'll have Internet but that doesn't mean I'll give up. Just don't expect anything until Monday for sure.

Have a WONDERFUL end of the week! Be back on sunday.
Sora




--how many digits do you know of pi? Doing anything noteworthy for spring break? comment below, we'd like to hear from you

oh and about the numbers.... no cheating. yeah, that means you... stop looking it up, hahaha.... seriously though, stop it

No comments:

Post a Comment