Sunday, May 27, 2012

Travel: Air

I began writing this from the DFW International Airport, but the somewhat nice lady started calling the various groups to board the plane. I ended up having to delete what I had written, but now I am currently on a flight with American Airlines. (pic 1)

I have been on so many planes that now its pretty much impossible to count them all. In those flights there isn't one that has ever disappointed me to the point of disgust or full blown anger.
However, today's flight was different. In the modern world we live in today, almost everything must be done with the help of a computer because it is said to make it "so much easier". While this is true for some tasks, I wouldn't recommend it for any travel. For example: the website wouldn't allow us to pay to reserve the seats the night before so we'd have to do that at the gate. After all the other passengers had boarded, the workers at the gate were still trying to get us seats after doing so for 15 minutes.

Another complaint about air travel is that the companies seem really greedy and cheap (in quality; everything is indeed very expensive)
Do you remember a time when you wouldn't have to pay for your first piece of luggage? Do you remember when tickets were actually reasonable prices? Do you remember when food
would be provided by the airlines? Well, as a child I love getting the complimentary peanuts and taking my parents' portion. It was actually something my small self looked forward to but now that commodity is not even heard of. The airlines charge an average of $25~US for one bag, a snack is about $2-5 reserving a seat in advance [not in first class] was $4 per seat, the "Free" wifi offered on the plane is $2 per 15 minutes. This is seriously the first time I've ever disliked the service. So the next time you hear someone complain about planes, know that it isn't like that with all flights or companies but make sure you have enough spending money. :)

On another note, I've taken over the magazine with my pen. (pic 2) All pictures of cats now have "LOL" next to them. :)


Throughout the next week I will share any and all adventures I experience as soon as I can.

Save traveling :D
~ <3 Sora

No comments:

Post a Comment